Saturday, February 04, 2006

ironing

So, I've been ironing all day. That's not something I normally do very much of EVER! In our more prosperous days, all of D's (that's my hubby) shirts went to the dry cleaner. Now that we have been trying to be more frugal, the clothes have just been piling up in the hopes that we'd have the money for that luxury soon.

Nope! So, I've ironed at least 20 shirts today and will do more once the kids are in bed. D is working late tonight so what else is a mama to do on a Saturday night?

It's been a little more peaceful around here today. The third of my kids now has the cruddy virus. Aleena (my first born) had it first. Then Clay was home from school all week with it. Now Kelli (our little hurricane) has it...she's spent the day on the couch watching Dora. Thank God for DVRs! How sad is it to know that we have season passes to Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer and Go! Diego, Go! I guess it's better than rewinding the same VCR tape all day long!

So yesterday I took Clay to the pediatrician just to rule out anything major. No strep and clear lungs, so it's just a bad virus. And my children appear to be getting it one right after the other. At this rate I have 3-4 more weeks of sickness ahead of me. Can I stay healthy through all that?

That's the update at my house...oh...I almost forgot the point I was going to make about ironing all day. It's been kind of nice actually. Not that I know that it's money we're saving or the satisfaction of seeing the job get done. I realized that it's been a really long time since I spent the day doing something just for my husband. In a household where there are more kids than I have ears and arms, and it seems I'm always gestating or lactating, D can get lost in the shuffle. It felt good to do something for him today. I'm sure he was wishing it was something a little more "hands on", but hey...you gotta take what you can get around here! lol

No comments: