Monday, February 06, 2006

a day of rest?

So yesterday we did what I guess normal people do when their kids are sick...we stayed home. It was strange to do that on a Sunday. For most years of our marriage and since we've had kids, D has been working at church so we HAD to be there. We've taken sick kids to sit in mama's office or rest in a back room while we did what we needed to do. It was a little strange to decide at midnight on Saturday night that Kelli was still sick and we just were going to stay home and rest...no calls to make...no one to alert.

So we spent the day resting with this cold virus that half the family has. Kelli was a miserable 2 year old. She's old enough to tell us she feels crappy but still young enough that only being held by mama makes her feel any better. D is pretty miserable himself. He actually wants to go to the doctor tomorrow! At least Clay is back to school this week. Trey seems to have escaped it so far. I'm not sure if Emma has already had a touch of it or not. Aleena was the one to bring it home in the first place. And Jack seems to be a little extra fussy today. He sounds like he's going to be next. YIKES...the 2 yo hurricane and the baby sick at the same time? I may not make it! Then again, I may not escape this thing either.

So it's good that yesterday was restful because last night was NOT! It's been a long time since I spent half the night awake with a sick toddler in my bed. I forgot all that I'd been missing! **rolling my eyes** So here I sit while I should be diligently starting this week's mountain of laundry. Kids get off the bus in an hour...I'd better get on with it!

No comments: