Tuesday, December 29, 2009

looking ahead

I am so full of ideas about what I want 2010 to be. I really want the way I use my time to reflect my values. I am trying to be realistic though too. I know if I bite off too much, I will give up by February. But I also know that making small changes gradually will get me where I want to be eventually. That is the balance to find.

Here are some of my goals for the new year in no particular order

--get back to more consistent menu planning and making use of the food we have on hand

--get back to making our bread, probably using more of the 5-minutes a day approach

--make our yogurt

--read the Bible in 90 days (our church is doing this and my Emma wants to do the kids' portion too)

--spend more time knitting or blogging or reading for information and less time playing silly games on the computer

--lose the 15 pounds that have crept on in the past 18 months

--do the Couch Potato to 5K program

--make breakfast for my kids

--incorporate more homeopathy into our family

--eat more fruit

--try to salvage my kefir grains and get back to using kefir for soaking oats and flour for pancakes

--figure out my sewing machine enough to do simple mending

--clean out closets and donate more of our excess


That's what I can think of right now. And like I said, I don't plan on jumping into all of that on January 1st. In fact, I have already decided that the exercise part will come after I've done the reading the Bible part. The Bible reading will take 30-45 minutes a day. That's a big chunk of time already. So I will walk when I can but not stress about it if it doesn't happen.

Do you have any ideas for 2010?

No comments: