Tuesday, March 04, 2008

making friends

I went to the park last Friday with my new friend. And this Friday I am going to hang out with another new friend.

How exciting! Mama has someone to play with. Amazing what companionship can do for your soul, huh?

I told D last week that I have made a new friend who likes to be in her kitchen as much as I do. Sometimes I feel like such a shallow person because so much of my life seems to revolve around my kitchen. Who am I kidding? I feel like a shallow person because I think I really am. Not that I'm super vain or anything like that. I'm only moderately vain! :~)

I just don't find it easy to think deep thoughts. Or maybe I have just allowed that part of my brain to atrophy. Maybe I just find it easier to cook and do laundry and bake and run to lessons and plan meals and pick up toys and unload the dishwasher and change diapers incessantly than to be profound.

Anyway. I have a play date for the second Friday in a row and I am so excited!

No comments: