Friday, March 21, 2008

avoiding the laundry...

...that seems to be how I get blog time. I haven't been reading as many or visiting mine much either because of that laundry pile. I think I have finally figured out that if I am out for an hour in the morning then run in the door, I can actually go down and fold a load and throw the next one in to be worked on in another few hours. I've always like to just do it all at once, but that is becoming less and less feasible as time goes on. The kids clothes are bigger...there are more of them (kids AND clothes)...and my time is crazy between working and mama stuff.

I really love to read about all my cyber folks, but then I get distracted and spend too much time online and not enough time doing my "work".

Last week I had sooo much running around. This week I have tried to slow down a little, but Easter is coming so I've had to go visit with the Easter Bunny. And then trying to find the right size clothes for everyone. Money is still really tight, but we haven't had new Easter clothes here for a few years so I thought this year was time. I still can't find something I like for me. And I need to find a shirt for D to match the 3 other boys. Maybe I'll get a pic of all the kids this weekend and get a current one posted.

Off to face the laundry. There are piles and piles of folded laundry to put in each of the kids' baskets so they can put them away, too. Plus the mountain that needs to be washed still!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am speaking as an experienced mother here...it is your duty to teach these kids how to do their own laundry and do it early! They will appreciate it later and it will be so much easier for you. It isn't that hard either. Even little kids can fold towels and wash clothes and kitchen towels and they love the idea of throwing things in the dryer! Trust me on this!!!