Tuesday, September 25, 2007

gosh

That's all Jack E is left with after his weekend with the flu. He continued throwing up and having yucky diapers all day Friday and Saturday. It got really bad Saturday afternoon and I wound up taking him to after hours care for an IV. Little guy was getting quite dehydrated. So hard sitting there with my boy with an IV in his hand. He just was dozing off and on most of the time.

Sunday he was still pretty out of it. Took a couple of big naps and just really laid around all day. I had to take him back to have him rechecked Sunday night. Doing OK. Yesterday he was still sleepy.

Today? He's fighting with my 2 little girls I nanny for so he must be doing alright!

He's left with the "gosh" though.

I had to take Trey to his lacrosse game on Saturday. I was going to just drop him off and come back and put Jack E down for a nap. He fell asleep while I was gone, so Aleena went to put him in his crib. I guess he woke up but she thought she could just read to him and he would go back to sleep. I decided to stay and watch the game since she had it under control.

About 15 minutes before I was supposed to come home, Jack E started complaining that his tummy had ow's. Aleena was freaked out he was going to throw up again. (It's really not pleasant when an almost 2 yo pukes all over then runs away from it because he doesn't realize that it's coming from him to begin with!) She started saying "gosh, gosh, gosh" then Jack E did a huge diarrhea. So now he calls his yucky poops "gosh".

It was kind of funny when he was in the exam room Saturday night with the doctor checking him out and he kept saying "gosh gosh gosh" as he more than filled his diaper.

At least it's funny now...

No comments: